Hey yall!

Welcome! My blog is about 2/3 OTTB retraining and 1/3 newbie eventer (former hunt seat/equitation girl). Please follow along with my experiences, share insight, and enjoy!

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The past few months

Sorry I've been absent the last couple of months! Things have been a bit crazy, but great!

I've ridden Lego a lot, although he had off about two weeks in August with me going out of town and him then losing a shoe when I finally got back out there to ride him! Other than that, he's doing so well!

We have been working on transitions and bending.  Bending around turns are definitely still a struggle for him.  He is also pretty picky about where he puts his feet.  If the grass is a bit long, he doesn't really like to go through it smoothly.

Wednesday 9/28/11:
Rode 40 minutes

Saturday 10/1/11:
Rode 40 minutes

Simple change of lead across the diagonal

Sunday 10/2/11:

Rode 45 minutes
First time jumping! I had my mom out to help with our first adventure jumping (on purpose that is...he has jumped before, such as over a pole the first time we trotted it).
He was SO good.  More on that later hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment