Hey yall!

Welcome! My blog is about 2/3 OTTB retraining and 1/3 newbie eventer (former hunt seat/equitation girl). Please follow along with my experiences, share insight, and enjoy!

Sunday, November 13, 2011

November 9th

Wednesday was gorgeous so I took every advantage of the nice weather to ride the horses.  I rode Lego for about 45 minutes.  After our breakdown this weekend I decided I'd take a step back and go back to our foundation of building up flexibility and roundness through bending.  I decided not to canter him, but to instead work on circles and bending at the trot.  He is still definitely more stiff on the left side than the right.  I have to keep reminding myself that I shouldn't compare him to Chick.  Its like a parent who compares their children....it doesn't really work and most likely sets you up for trouble.  I need to work on comparing his progress to where we were instead.  What is good for Lego, not what Chick can do.
So on that note, we'll take a step back for a few weeks and reallllly focus hard on bending.

I also rode Chick, though not for long as I had to get to work :(

No comments:

Post a Comment