Hey yall!

Welcome! My blog is about 2/3 OTTB retraining and 1/3 newbie eventer (former hunt seat/equitation girl). Please follow along with my experiences, share insight, and enjoy!

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Raining on Wednesdays

Rain, rain, go away!
Is anyone else SUPER frustrated that it always rains on Wednesdays? It does...in case you were wondering, or in case you didn't notice, or in case your schedule isn't like mine in that its one of the ONLY days you get to go ride your horses in the morning before you go to work. It also happens to be a  big day for UPS deliveries of Thirty-One orders to my doorstep which always seem to happen after I've already left for work. Fortunately my neighbors are very kind and take pity on my poor packages and rescue them until I get home so they aren't' laying on my front porch in the rain all evening. 
Anyway, I may have mentioned before that I have been tracking this since like August and it rains on 90% of all Wednesdays.  Which is super annoying.  Why can't it rain on Mondays? Mondays suck anyway. 

I was able to ride Lego during a brief moment of pause from the sky and I got in a solid hour or more of trotting up and down the hills in our pasture (they have pretty good drainage for al the water runoff).  He was stretching SO well today, I love it! He even did some collection for a sitting trot, so that was great! He is getting really nice and very comfortable. I cant wait to get his leads better figured out so I can canter him more when the ground gets better.  His canter is super fun.  I have my first lesson with Molly Bull at Plain Dealing Farm next week and I am very excited! I told her one of my main things that I'd like to work on is our left lead.  It will be nice to have someone else watch us so I'll know if I need to get our vet out to check him for some sort of orthopedic issue.  I hope that it is either me or just him being stubborn, I really don't want there to be something wrong with him that impairs him from picking up that left lead. So let's cross our fingers we can figure this out!! :)  

P.S. My farmer family members would be soooo mad to hear me complain about rain so I'll send this disclaimer.  I love rain.  Just not on Wednesdays.  Rain is great any other day of the week. Except the weekends.  Those should be dry too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment